SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2016 – MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE (POSTED MARCH 01, 2016)
Dalhoff Thomas design studio is an award-winning Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation firm that is committed to client satisfaction and strives to provide an environment of professionalism and creativity, as well as produce designs that affect people and their environment in a positive manner. It is the philosophy of Dalhoff Thomas design studio that “good design is measured by its effects on people over time,” and for this reason, quality design and aesthetics are important today for a positive future. The DT design team has committed itself to educating its clients and the public community about smart and sustainable planning practices. DT design’s goal to educate and encourage local adoption of sustainable green building and development practices ensures a better tomorrow for everyone. The numerous projects Dalhoff Thomas design studio has worked on in the Mid-South area has given the firm tremendous experience in the areas of Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation.
Dalhoff Thomas design studio offers a wide-range of services, including:
General Site Planning, Mixed-Use Planning, Residential Planning, Retail & Office Planning, Campus Planning, Urban Planning & Revitalization, Development Covenants & Guidelines, Form-Based Code, Market Demand & Feasibility Studies, Transportation Studies, Site Assessments, Tax Revenue Assessments.
Sustainable Infrastructure, Landscape & Hardscape Design, Irrigation Design, Streetscape Design, Construction Documents, Construction Administration, Appearance Studies, Character Imaging, Before-After Imaging.
PARKS + RECREATION
Recreation Master Planning, Athletic Complex Master Planning, Landscape & Hardscape Design, Irrigation Design, Construction Documents, Construction Administration, Recreation Demand & Needs Studies, Greenways & Trails, Passive Park Design, Active Park Design, Wayfinding & Educational Sign Design, Grant Writing Assistance.
Dalhoff Thomas design studio is currently seeking a summer intern in our Memphis, Tennessee office. The applicant's interests should include Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation. The role of an intern within the company will be:
- Provide creative ideas and input that ultimately develops plans for Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation projects.
- Assist the DT design team in all aspects of a project including programming, conceptual development, schematic site design, final site design, cost estimating, public engagement, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Create graphic imaging, submittal documents, construction documents, renderings, sections, and elevation drawings.
- Maintain necessary project files, project calendars, and meeting notes in an organized manner.
The candidate shall have the following qualifications to be an adequate candidate for the position:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture, or Master of City & Regional Planning degree
- Proficient skills in: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office, and 3D rendering software (i.e. SketchUp, Lumion, Rhino)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
CONTACT & SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Interested applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio of work examples, and references to Dean Thomas – Principal Landscape Architect at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Dalhoff Thomas design studio, visit http://www.dt-designstudio.com.