Dalhoff Thomas design studio is currently seeking an entry-level designer (0-5 years experience) in our Memphis, Tennessee office. The applicant’s interests should include Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation. The role of an entry-level designer within the company will be:
- Provide creative ideas and input that ultimately develops plans for Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Parks + Recreation projects.
- Assist the DT design team in all aspects of a project including programming, conceptual development, schematic site design, final site design, cost estimating, public engagement, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Create graphic imaging, submittal documents, construction documents, renderings, sections, and elevation drawings.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, municipal leaders, and development team members.
- Maintain necessary project files, project calendars, and meeting notes in an organized manner.
The candidate shall have the following qualifications to be an adequate candidate for the position:
- A Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture or Master of City & Regional Planning degree
- 0 – 5 years professional experience in a Urban Planning or Landscape Architectural environment
- Proficient skills in: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office, and 3D rendering software (i.e. SketchUp, Lumion, Rhino)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong graphical, written, and verbal communication skills